Showing all 19 results
Bead Board 3 U-Channel Flocked 24cm x 32cm$12.00
Bead Board 8 Bracelet Size 26 x 35cm$14.00
Bead Board 8 Bracelet Size 26x35cm$11.00
80 in stock
Bead Funnel Scoop Large Blue SALE
26 in stock
Bead Mat 28x35cm Assorted Colours$4.00 – $3.33
227 in stock
Bead Smith Bead Board 3 U-Channel Flocked 22 x 30cm$16.00
Bead Smith Bead Counter 4pc Set$23.00
8 in stock
Bead Smith Seed Bead Treasure Mat 20x28cm$19.00
34 in stock
Bead Smith Sticky Bead Mat XL 22x31cm Dark Grey$44.00
3 in stock
Bead Smith Travellers Bead Board with Cover$11.00
34 in stock
Bead Sorting Tray – Triangle Aluminium$2.00 – $1.60
20 in stock
Beadwork Deluxe Folio Case with Bead Design Board and Tools$149.00
2 in stock
Beadwork Folio Case with Bead Design Board$89.00
4 in stock
Stainless Steel Bead Scoop with Tweezer Budget$6.00
84 in stock
Stainless Steel Bead Scoop with Tweezer Premium$9.95
1 in stock
Sticky Bead Mat 7.5×13.5cm Black
133 in stock
Sticky Bead Mat 7.5×13.5cm Blue
$6.95$6.00 – $4.00
104 in stock
Sticky Bead Mat 7.5×13.5cm Clear
116 in stock
Sticky Bead Mat 7.5×13.5cm Grey
$6.95$6.00 – $4.90
89 in stock
Bead design boards are the must-have tool that will take your crafting game to the next level. Want to know why these nifty boards are an absolute must for every beader out there?
First off, bead design boards are a game-changer when it comes to organising and planning your designs. With their perfectly spaced compartments and grooves, they keep your beads neatly arranged, preventing them from rolling away and causing chaos. Say goodbye to the frustration of beads escaping and hello to a well-organised and efficient workspace.
But that’s not all! Beading boards for jewellery making are your secret weapon for visualising and experimenting with different bead combinations and patterns. The layout grid allows you to easily plan out your designs, trying out different colour schemes, bead sizes, and arrangements. It’s like having a mini design studio at your fingertips, empowering you to unleash your creativity and bring your visions to life.
And let’s not forget about the practicality factor. Bead design boards provide a stable and flat surface to work on, making it easier to pick up and place beads with precision. They save you time and effort by keeping your beads in one place, reducing the risk of losing them or having to hunt for the right one amidst the chaos. Plus, they’re portable, so you can take your bead design board with you wherever inspiration strikes.
So, fellow beaders, embrace the magic of bead design boards and let them become your trusty sidekick. They’ll keep your beads organised, unleash your creativity, and streamline your crafting process. From planning intricate patterns to preventing bead mishaps, these boards are an absolute must for beaders who want to take their projects to new heights. Say goodbye to bead chaos and hello to the joy of crafting with ease and precision.
What are beading boards for jewellery making?
Bead boards are essential tools for beaders that help with organising and designing jewellery projects. They typically consist of a flat surface with multiple compartments, grooves, and measurement markings. The compartments are used to separate and hold different types and sizes of beads, keeping them organized and easily accessible.
There is nothing more frustrating than meticulously stringing all of your beads only to look and think “Gahh! The pattern is all wrong!” Bead boards eliminate that by allowing you to lay out your beads before stringing! Step back, make changes and adjust colours. It’s like photoshop for the real world!
That’s the main purpose of bead boards! To assist in designing jewellery by providing a visual and planning aid. The compartments and grooves allow beaders to arrange and experiment with different bead patterns, sizes, and colour combinations. This helps in visualising the final design before stringing or stitching the beads, ensuring that the desired pattern and layout are achieved.
Bead boards also serve a practical function by providing a stable working surface. The flat surface and compartments prevent beads from rolling around and getting lost, making it easier to pick up and place beads with precision. The measurement markings on the board help in maintaining consistency in bead placement and sizing.
A good addition to a bead board is a bead mat. They are a unique material which is spongy, soft and flexible, but unlike many materials there are no threads or loops so there’s literally nowhere for beads to get lost or trapped. Whether you use the smallest seed beads or the largest round gemstone beads, they’ll stay put on a bead mat! Simply tip your beads on a bead mat and they stay there. It offers a fool-proof bump and knock proof surface where beads simply won’t roll. Bead mats are a game changer if you’ve never used one! Forget felt or other fabric. There’s nothing like a bead mat, and they’re incredibly affordable!
Anyway, back to bead boards. They are invaluable tools for beaders, offering organisation, design assistance, and a stable working surface. They make the jewellery-making process more fun and more efficient, allowing beaders to unleash their creativity and produce beautiful designs with ease.
How to use a beading board.
Using a beading board is an absolute breeze! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make the most of this handy tool:
- Prepare your materials: Gather your beads, beading wire/thread, and any other supplies you’ll need for your project. Make sure your beading board is clean and ready to use.
- Set up the board: Lay your beading board on a flat and stable surface. Ensure it’s positioned comfortably within your reach.
- Choose your design: Decide on the pattern or arrangement you want to create with your beads. You can refer to a design sketch or simply let your creativity flow as you work.
- Start organising: Begin by pouring your beads into the storage compartments on the beading board. Use the designated compartments and grooves to separate different bead types, colours, or sizes. This makes it easier to locate and access specific beads when you need them. You may like to make piles of beads on a bead mat beside the bead board for additional beads and findings.
- Arrange your design: Use the grooves on the board to lay out your beads in the desired pattern or arrangement. Experiment with different combinations and placements until you’re satisfied with the design. The measurements on the board can help you maintain symmetry and consistency in your beadwork.
- Work with precision: As you string or stitch your beads onto your chosen material (wire, thread, elastic, etc.), use the beading board as a guide. Place your material alongside the beads on the board, aligning them with the desired pattern. This will ensure accurate bead placement and help you maintain the design you’ve created.
- Keep organised: Throughout your beading process, continue to use the beading board to hold and organise your beads. As you progress, you can easily refer back to the board to maintain consistency and avoid mixing up beads.
- Enjoy the process: Let your creativity shine as you work with the beading board. Take advantage of its layout and organisation features to create beautiful and intricate designs with ease.
Beading design boards are versatile tools, so feel free to adapt their use to your specific project and preferences. With a beading board at your side, you’ll enjoy a more organised and efficient beading experience, resulting in stunning jewellery designs. Happy beading!
Where to buy beading boards
Whether you’re looking for beading supplies in Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney, Beads N Crystals has you covered! Order bead boards, bead threads, seed beads and more from Australia’s favourite online beading store. We ship promptly Australia wide with fantastic quality beading products and exceptional service, all backed by our money back satisfaction guarantee.
Check out the biggest bead shop in Brisbane right here at beadsncrystals.com.au and if you have any questions or comments, please email or give us a call. Our friendly team are love to chat all things beading and craft!
Showing all 19 results