Showing all 15 results
Black Tourmaline 10mm Round Gemstone Beads Strand$54.00
58 in stock
Black Tourmaline 4mm Round Beads Strand$22.00
3 in stock
Black Tourmaline 5-8mm Chips Beads Strand$16.00
10 in stock
Black Tourmaline 6mm Round Beads Strand$34.00
27 in stock
Black Tourmaline 8mm Round Beads Strand$38.00
55 in stock
Tourmaline 10mm Round Beads with Inclusion$63.00
17 in stock
Tourmaline 2mm Gemstone Faceted Round Beads Strand$22.00
9 in stock
Tourmaline 3-5mm Chips Beads Strand 85cm$22.00
11 in stock
Tourmaline 3mm Gemstone Faceted Round Beads Strand$31.00
21 in stock
Tourmaline 4mm Gemstone Faceted Round Beads Strand$36.00
35 in stock
Tourmaline 5mm Round Beads Strand$38.00
36 in stock
Tourmaline 6mm Round Beads Strand$44.00
9 in stock
Tourmaline 8mm Round A Grade Beads Strand$68.00
19 in stock
Tourmaline Green 3-5mm Squared Beads Strand$18.00
28 in stock
Tourmaline Mulitcoloured Mini Chips 16″ Beads Strand$9.50
66 in stock
Tourmaline, with its captivating beauty and remarkable versatility, has become a favourite gemstone among jewellery enthusiasts and artisans. This mineral, known for its vibrant colours and unique crystal formations, offers a wide range of possibilities for home jewellery craft. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced jewellery maker, incorporating tourmaline beads into your designs can elevate your creations to new heights.
One of the most enticing aspects of tourmaline is its exquisite colour spectrum. From deep greens and blues to vibrant pinks and reds, tourmaline offers a diverse palette that can inspire endless creativity. As a jewellery maker, you can experiment with various combinations of tourmaline beads, exploring colour harmonies or creating striking contrasts. The versatility of tourmaline allows you to design pieces that cater to different tastes and preferences, making it a valuable gemstone in home jewellery crafting.
Due to its durability and relatively good hardness, tourmaline is suitable for a wide range of jewellery applications. It can be faceted into dazzling gemstones for rings, earrings, and pendants, or shaped into smooth beads for bracelets and necklaces. The versatility of tourmaline allows for endless possibilities in jewellery design, catering to different tastes and styles.
What are tourmaline beads?
Our tourmaline beads are all made from genuine tourmaline which is a gemstone that boasts a captivating blend of beauty and variety. Renowned for its stunning array of colours, it offers an impressive spectrum of mesmerising colour variations. Many colours of tourmaline are often found within a single crystal, giving rise to its nickname, “the rainbow gemstone.”
One of the most fascinating aspects of tourmaline is its unique crystal formations. It can grow in elongated prismatic crystals, commonly exhibiting three-sided or six-sided cross-sections. These crystals can be striated or display intricate geometric patterns, making each tourmaline gemstone a work of natural art. The crystal structure of tourmaline allows lapidaries and gem cutters to create a wide variety of shapes and cuts, resulting in unique and breathtaking jewellery pieces.
Tourmaline is found in various locations around the world, with the most notable deposits in Brazil, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Madagascar, and the United States. Each location produces tourmaline gemstones with distinct characteristics, such as colour variations and quality. The raw stone is sold by stone merchants to bead and pendant manufacturers around the world. Typically, even and uniform beads are produced from this stone in China, while less even shapes are produced in India. Both brave their advantages.
- Chinese made beads are very consistent and even with high sheen polish and very even and consistent drill holes. This allows for even stringing with a neat uniform appearance.
- Indian made beads typically involve more hand-work and as a result are less uniform, sometimes with a lower sheen polish as well. They also have less consistent drill holes which means that beads within a strand may have different hole sizes. The benefit to this is a more organic and less even and more hand-made look.
Both even and precise, and uneven beads are both equally important and useful in the world of jewellery making.
Tourmaline also possesses interesting optical properties. Many tourmaline gemstones exhibit pleochroism, meaning they can appear different colours when viewed from different angles. This optical phenomenon adds depth and intrigue to the gemstone, making it a fascinating choice for jewellery designs.
Black Tourmaline Beads
Black tourmaline, also known as schorl, is a highly regarded variety of tourmaline with its own distinct characteristics and properties. It is primarily recognised for its deep black colour, although it may have a slight bluish or brownish tinge in certain lighting conditions. Black tourmaline is prized for its strong metaphysical and protective properties, which have made it a popular choice among crystal enthusiasts and energy workers.
One of the main attributes of black tourmaline is its ability to repel and cleanse negative energies. It is believed to create a shielding effect, forming a protective barrier around the wearer or their environment. This property is said to guard against electromagnetic radiation from electronic devices, as well as ward off negative influences and psychic attacks. Many people use black tourmaline as a talisman or carry it with them for energetic protection and grounding.
Black tourmaline is also associated with its grounding and balancing qualities. It is believed to help promote a sense of stability, inner strength, and clarity amidst chaotic or challenging situations. This gemstone is thought to assist in releasing tension, anxiety, and negative thought patterns, allowing for a greater sense of calmness and centeredness.
In addition to its metaphysical properties, black tourmaline is widely used in jewellery making. Black tourmaline jewellery not only offers aesthetic appeal but also serves as a tangible reminder of its protective and grounding energies.
Whether used for its metaphysical properties, its visual allure, or both, black tourmaline continues to be highly sought after. Its deep black colour and reputation for energetic protection make it a versatile gemstone that resonates with those seeking a sense of security, balance, and positive energy in their lives.
Tourmaline beads benefits
Tourmaline is associated with various metaphysical properties. Different colours of tourmaline are believed to have different energetic qualities. For instance, pink tourmaline is associated with love and compassion, while black tourmaline is thought to provide protection against negative energies. These beliefs add an extra layer of meaning and significance for those who incorporate tourmaline into their jewellery. They provide an opportunity to create jewellery that not only looks beautiful but also resonates with deeper emotional and spiritual aspects.
Make your own tourmaline Bracelet
Creating your own tourmaline stretch bracelet on elastic is a fun and creative project that allows you to personalise your jewellery. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a simple tourmaline bracelet:
- Tourmaline beads: Choose tourmaline beads in your preferred size, shape, and colour. You can select a single colour or create a colourful combination.
- Elastic cord: Use a high-quality elastic cord specifically designed for jewellery making. Ensure it is sturdy and durable. We recommend Stretch Magic in a size 0.7 or 0.8mm. For 8mm or larger round beads, the 1mm Stretch Magic will be best.
- Scissors: You’ll need scissors to cut the elastic cord to the desired length.
- Measure your wrist: Use a flexible measuring tape or a piece of string to determine the circumference of your wrist. Add a little extra length for a comfortable fit.
- Cut the elastic cord: Cut the elastic cord to the measured length, leaving extra length for knotting. Follow the instructions on the pack and pre-stretch the cord to ensure it doesn’t gain length over time.
- Prepare the beads: Lay beads end to end until you reach the length you measured for your wrist size. Arrange the tourmaline beads into your desired pattern or arrangement.
- String the beads: Thread the tourmaline beads onto the elastic cord until you reach your desired bracelet length. The great thing about Stretch Magic Elastic, is that it has enough rigidity to poke through without the need for a needle.
- Knot the cord: Once all the beads are in place it’s time to tie the two ends of the elastic cord together using a secure knot. Refer to the Stretch Magic pack for the recommended knot. You’ll notice they recommend layering multiple knots and a dot of craft glue to prevent it from coming undone.
- Trim the excess cord: Trim any excess cord, leaving a small tail, and make sure the knot is secure.
- Test the fit: Slip the bracelet onto your wrist to test the fit. It should slide on comfortably and not feel too tight or too loose. If necessary, make adjustments by adding or removing beads.
- Final touches: If you’d like to add any other elements, a charm or tassel might be a good idea. They can be added using a jump ring at any time. This way you can change the look by adding or removing an extra charm or dangle depending on your look.
And there you have it! Your very own tourmaline bracelet on an elastic cord. Enjoy wearing your unique creation and embrace the beauty and energy of the tourmaline gemstone on your wrist.
Are tourmaline beads safe?
This is a question we surprisingly get asked from time to time. There is no reason to consider tourmaline unsafe or any different to any other typical gemstone. Contrary to some social media posts in recent decades, tourmaline contains no dangerous substances and exhibits no radioactivity. We regularly test our products with scientific equipment to detect radiation and all our tourmaline absolutely exhibits zero variance to background. This means it neither expels or absorbs radiation any different to our own body.
There are radioactive gemstones on the market, there are also dangerous stones containing things like asbestos. Those hazards are never located in tourmaline deposits. We are fully aware of the gemstones that present those hazards and we regularly check to ensure the factories we deal with do not also deal in those hazardous products at all. It’s part of our ethos that we do not trade with any suppliers that also trade in products that may present a hazard to the public.
As with any beads, we do recommend keeping them away from young children, toddlers, and babies. A bead dropped against a hard surface may break and can be as sharp as glass. This goes for almost all gemstone beads, as well as glass and crystal beads. Obviously, beads and any small items can become a choking hazard, so like all small craft items around the home, they need to be considered a hazard around young children.
Where to buy tourmaline beads in Australia
Beads N Crystals is a well-known and reputable online bead and crystal supplier based in Australia. You’ll find a wide range of gemstone beads including tourmaline beads for sale. You’ll be surprised how cheap these beads can be considering how amazing they are!
Step into the dazzling world of Beads N Crystals, where dreams come to life and tourmaline beads reign supreme! Get ready to embark on an adventure like no other as you explore the fantastical realm of beading bliss.
Beads N Crystals, the ultimate bead shop destination for all your jewellery-making needs, offers a kaleidoscope of tourmaline beads that will make your creativity dance with joy! Dive into a treasure trove of vibrant colours, from electric greens that sparkle like emerald forests to deep blues that rival the shimmering depths of mythical oceans.
Immerse yourself in the whimsical wonder of Beads N Crystals’ Online Bead Store right here, where every click takes you on a magical journey. Discover enchanted descriptions of each tourmaline bead, transporting you to far-off lands where fairies and unicorns are your beading buddies.
But that’s not all! Beads N Crystals is not just an online store; it’s a world of everything crafty for beading enthusiasts to expand their love for the extraordinary. Join the beading realm at Beads N Crystals Australian bead shop. From mystical necklaces to spellbinding bracelets, let your imagination run wild and create jewellery that will make jaws drop and eyes sparkle.
So, gear up, fellow adventurer, and set sail for Beads N Crystals, where the tourmaline beads are as magical as the dreams that inspired them. Let your imagination soar, and may your beading journey in this whimsical realm be filled with joy, wonder, and a touch of enchantment!
See all of our Tourmaline and Tourmalinated beads and pendants.
Showing all 15 results